Solved ntdll.dll error in Windows XP Pro SP3 OS (Rev: 1.0)


Recently, I encountered ntdll.dll error whenever I use Windows Explorer in my Windows XP Professional SP3 Operating System (OS) pc. I have a folder call photorec with the below files:

c (folder)
CWSDPMI.EXE
cygwin1.dll
photorec.exe
photorec_win.exe
photorec_win.exe.manifest
prdos.bat
readme.txt
v6.11.3

Whenever I selected all the files and folder under photorec, right-clicked to get the pop-up menu, I will encountered ntdll.dll error and Windows Explorer application will automatically close and exit. Others folders in my pc using the right-click pop-up menu are OK. The info of my ntdll.dll file is as shown below:

ntdll.dll, v5.1.2600.6055, 718336 bytes.

I suspected that the original ntdll.dll (v5.1.2600.6055) file is corrupted. Hence, I renamed the ntdll.dll (v5.1.2600.6055) as ntdll_org.dll in c:\windows\system32 directory. Then, I copied the ntdll.dll (v5.1.2600.5512, 706048 bytes) from Windows XP SP3 OS CDROM to c:\windows\system32 directory. However, the ntdll.dll error still existed whenever I selected all the files and folder under photorec and right-clicked to get the pop-up menu.

I recalled that the latest application that I had installed in my pc is WinMount v3.5.0719 (x86) which also provides pop-up menu functions on right-click of the mouse. Hence, I uninstall WinMount from my pc, copy back the original ntdll.dll (v5.1.2600.6055, 718336 bytes) back to c:\windows\system32 directory and restart my pc. The ntdll.dll error does not existed whenever I selected all the files and folder under photorec and right-clicked to get the pop-up menu. Hence, the ntdll.dll error is caused by WinMount v3.5.0719 (x86) application in my pc.

No comments:

Please donate. Thanks.


paypal.me/jackngch
(PayPal-to-Paypal account only)

Popular Posts