Think creatively and innovatively (Rev: 1.0)



A blind boy was sitting on the steps of a building with a hat besides his feet. He held up a sign that said: 'I am blind. Please help'. There were only a few coins in the hat. A man was walking by. He took a few coins from his pocket and dropped them into the hat. He then took the sign, turned it around, and wrote some words. He put the sign back so that everyone who walked by will see the new words. Soon, the hat began to fill up. A lot more people were giving money to the blind boy.

That afternoon, the man who had changed the sign came to see how things were going. The boy recognized his footsteps and asked: ”Were you the one who changed my sign this morning ? May I know what did you write on it ?”

The man said: “I only wrote the truth. I wrote what you said but in a different way. What I had wrote was: 'Today is a beautiful day and I cannot see it.'"

Both signs told people that the boy was blind. But the first sign simply told people to help by putting some money in the hat. The second sign told people that they were able to enjoy the beauty of the day, but the boy could not enjoy it because he was blind.

There are at least 2 lessons that we can learn from this simple story:
  1. Be thankful for what you have. Someone else has less or does not has it at all. Help whenever you can.

  2. Be creative. Be innovative. Think differently. There is always a better way to do things.

No comments:

Please donate. Thanks.


paypal.me/jackngch
(PayPal-to-Paypal account only)

Popular Posts