Solved slow bootup with blank screen on Lenovo x200 tablet type 7449-A12 (Rev: 1.0)



When power on the Lenovo x200 tablet type 7449-A12, the screen is blank for about 15 minutes before the Lenovo x200 tablet start to boot up normally to the Windows 7 x64 Operating System (OS). The problems were due to the Trust Platform Module (TPM) was not in operational mode and the Intel Active Management Technology (AMT) Firmware needs to be updated to version 4.2.21.1037 or higher version.

Solutions:
  1. Please make sure that you have already download and installed the below for Lenovo x200 tablet type 7449-A12:

  2. In the Lenovo x200 tablet BIOS (press F1 to enter into BIOS during power on), kindly make sure that the "Intel (R) AMT Control" is enable in the BIOS "Config" -> "Intel (R) AMT" -> "Intel (R) AMT Control". Below are the default setting for "Intel (R) AMT Control" in the Lenovo x200 tablet BIOS:
    • AMT CIRA timeout = 0 (default to timeout at 60 seconds)
    • Console type = PC ANSI
    • IDE-R for normal boot = Hidden

  3. Please download Intel AMT 4.2 Management Engine (ME) Firmware version 4.2.21.1037 (7ur6c4ww.exe) or higher version. After extracting the 7ur6c4ww.exe to a directory, and after reading the installation instructions, I opened a Command Prompt with "Run as administrator" right, and run the "meupdate.cmd" file. It will takes about 3 minutes to update the Intel AMT 4.2 Management Engine (ME) Firmware in Windows 7 x64 OS. After that, kindly reboot the Lenovo x200 tablet. You will immediately see a normally boot up screen (no more blank screen for about 15 minutes) on the Lenovo x200 tablet.

    In the Windows 7 x64 OS, the Intel TPM will be in "Operational" stage with "inactive: Unowned: Enable" settings. The "TCG Spec Version" is 1.2 and the "Firmware version" is 4.2.21.1037.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this helpfull outline.
It did the trick for me on my x200s lenovo Win7 64bit, type 7470 A98.
Thanks

Anonymous said...

An x200 in my organisation suddenly began displaying this behaviour. Type 7458-54M Vista 32bit worked a treat. Cheers

Anonymous said...

Awesome tip and thank you a million times. This saved my rear end. I can't believe Lenovo couldn't make this simpler.

Anonymous said...

This did the trick on a regular x200 (not a tablet - 7458). Thank you very much for sharing this.

Anonymous said...

Your solution worked - thank you!

I searched all over the internet and received all sorts of incorrect advice (e.g., upgrading Lenovo's Client Security Software, etc.). This was the only place I found with the correct solution that worked. I was getting close to pulling out my hair with the 10 minute delay on reboot and this fixed it!

FWIW, I have a X200 7459 with Win 7 Ultimate and started having this problem after upgrading to bios to the latest version.

Anonymous said...

Hip, hip, hooray, this worked on my regular X200 as well.
All of a sudden, the boot time was really slow and long.
Where I thought the computer was hung, and I just happened to leave it running to see if it would do anything after a while.

Anonymous said...

Two thumbs up Jack, thank you for sharing this, you saved my butt. I was kicking myself in the butt for upgrading the bios. I'm glad I stumbled onto this post and your helpful fix!!

My lappy is a X200s, 7470-5HU, I was going from bios 2.04 to 3.21, upgrade was done via Win7 32bit.

Thanks again...

Anonymous said...

could you pls anyone give me the total instruction of command prompt actions in sequence? it will be highly appriciated!! thanks.

Anonymous said...

Startling that Intel and Lenovo could leave this hole . . .

Thank you for both your blog and this particular posting which corrected my x200 7458AH2.

Thank you again.

Unknown said...

Hey dude! Thanks a lot, you save my laptop life :)
Thanks!
Regards
Feri from Hungary

bolo said...

I have problem :( I instaled 7 home premium 32bit and drivers say: your system don't meet the requirements (or something similar beceause it's in my language)
Maybe when I download this drivers I have another because I have EN windows but drivers are polish O.o

Jack Ng said...

Dear Bolo,

Please make sure that your Windows Operating System language is English language. Kindly download the English version drivers and try the update again.

bolo said...

My Windows is 100% English and laptop is from USA but drivers.. I don't know... I downloaded it from your links but maybe it was forwarded. Could you upload your drivers?

Jack Ng said...

Dear Bolo,

I clicked on both the links & was automatically forward to the below 2 links in English (en_US):

Intel AMT 4.2 Local Manageability Service (LMS) and Serial Over LAN (SOL) Driver
http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/detail.page?LegacyDocID=MIGR-73567


Intel AMT 4.2 Management Engine Interface
http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/detail.page?LegacyDocID=MIGR-73723


It is advisable to download the drivers from Lenovo website in order to get the latest drivers.

Please try again. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

I bought a used X200 it exhibited the long boot up problem. Found your solution installed it but it did not work. Bios is 3.22 any suggestions?

Jack Ng said...

You can surf the official Lenovo Support Home > Find A Solution website to see if there is a solution to your Lenovo X200 problem.

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/find-solution

Anonymous said...

Awesone, many thanxk for this tips

I was going to throw it in the trash when i find your blog.

thx à lot

Anonymous said...

Another x200 with slow boot time (12 minutes) sorted by this post, thanks.

Please donate. Thanks.


paypal.me/jackngch
(PayPal-to-Paypal account only)

Popular Posts