Gift scam or credit card fraud (Rev: 1.0)



Although I do not have credit card at the moment, I felt that all credit card holders should be bewared of the below gift scam or credit card fraud (content was trimmed to tell only the main points of the fraud):



... I had a phone call late morning from Express Couriers to ask if I was going to be home as he had a delivery for me. He said he would there in roughly an hour. He turned up with a beautiful basket of flowers and wine. I expressed my surprise as I wasn't expecting anything like this and said I was intrigued to know who was sending me such a lovely gift. He said he was only delivering the gift and the card was being sent separately (the card has never arrived).

There was a consignment note with the gift. He went on to explain that because the gift contained alcohol, he has to charge the recipient $3.50 as proof that he has actually delivered to an adult, and not left it on a door step if the recipient is out, to be stolen or taken by children. This seemed logical and I offered to get the cash. He then said that the company required the payment to be by Eftpos, so he is not handling cash and everything is properly accounted for. My husband was there and got his credit card and 'John' swiped the card on this small mobile machine that also had a small screen upon which my husband entered in his pin number. A receipt was printed out and given to us.

...About $4,000 was withdrawn from our credit account at ATM machines in the north shore area. It appeared that a dummy credit card was made using the details in the machine and of course, they had my husband's pin number. The bank has stopped our cards and I've been to the Police where they confirmed that it was definitely a scam...

No comments:

Please donate. Thanks.


paypal.me/jackngch
(PayPal-to-Paypal account only)

Popular Posts